This multi-dimensional double CD gives you an out-of-this-world experience of the sacred mantras of Kundalini Yoga. Meditate to the sound of transforming chants on one CD. Or enjoy the hip-hop English fusion with mantra on the other side. Breathe deep & let your soul fly.
Creating this album was an adventure from start to finish. In 2004, when Liv Singh and I were in the studio recording the album Radiance, he had the idea to merge chant with rap. We took one of the beats from PBR, a rap artists in Phoenix, and played around with it. Thus was born ‘Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo’, the genesis of Kundalini Beat.
Try & buy the album
Give it a try and then go ahead and buy! Dev Suroop Kaur offers a number of convenient purchasing options.
Disc 1 – Hip Hop
- One Spirit Beyond – Mool Mantra
- This Sacred Moment – Ang Sang Wahe Guru
- Liberation While Alive – Guru Gayatri
- You Are My Lover Lord – Too(n) Mayray Laalan
- The Sacred Sound – Sat Gur Prasaad
- I Bow – Ong Nam Guru Dev Namo
- Fearless – Chatr Chakr Vartee
- Meditate Always – Jap Man Sat Naam
Disc 2 – Chant
- Mool Mantra
- Jap Man Sat Naam
- Aad Gurey Nameh
- Guru Gayatri
- Ang Sang Wahe Guru
- Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo
- Chatr Chakr Vartee
- Sacred Medley Chant
- Too(n) Mayray Laalan
Release Date: 15 June 2007
- Dev Suroop Kaur Khalsa – Vocals
- Tim Lyddon – Keyboards
- Mike King – Fretless Bass
- Peter Torsiello – Guitar
- Kevin Huang – Violin
- Jerry Donato – Saxophone and Bass Flute
- Dr. Ong Kaar Singh – Additional Vocals on ‘One Spirit Beyond – Mool Mantra’
Graphics by Liv Singh Khalsa
Photo of Dev Suroop Kaur by Martine Tremblay
Executive Producer – Dev Suroop Kaur Khalsa
Produced, arranged and recorded at Invincible Studio by Liv Singh Khalsa
All compositions by Dev Suroop Kaur Khalsa and Liv Singh Khalsa
English lyrics for One Spirit Beyond and The Sacred Sound based on the translations by Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa.
English lyrics for This Sacred Moment and Liberation While Alive from Furmaan Khalsa by Yogi Bhajan.
All other English lyrics adapted from various translations of mantras and shabads.