This album includes the seven meditations for the Aquarian Sadhana used in Kundalini Yoga practice. Sadhana is a daily spiritual practice to discipline the mind and body to serve the soul. The best time to practice these meditations is before sunrise. That is the time where you set yourself for the day. However, you can listen or meditate to them at any time.
In composing these particular melodies, I refined them over a three-year period by playing them live for morning sadhana at Hacienda de Guru Ram Das Ashram in Espanola, New Mexico. I distilled them into a flow that was chantable, interesting, and which totally supported a meditative experience.
Try & buy the album
Give it a try and then go ahead and buy! Dev Suroop Kaur offers a number of convenient purchasing options.
This is a lovely album with wonderful session musicians in Phoenix playing guitar, violin, river cane flutes, conga and fretless bass as well as Theresa and Tony singing beautiful supporting vocals.
The meditations in Aquarian Sadhana creates the following flow:
- Morning Call – Initiate your relationship with the Universal Soul
- Waah Yantee – Call on Infinity
- Mool Mantra – Expansion the depth of your soul
- Sat Siree Siree Akal – Declare timelessness
- Rakhay Rakhanhaar – Invoke protection
- Wahe Guru Wahe Jio – Experience ecstasy & establish victory
- Guru Ram Das Chant – Invoke guidance & protective grace
- Morning Call
- Waah Yantee
- Mool Mantra
- Sat Siree Siree Akal
- Rakhay Rakhanhaar
- Wahe Guru Wahe Jio
- Guru Ram Das Chant
Release Date: 15 June 2004
- Dev Suroop Kaur Khalsa – Lead Vocals
- Theresa Coe – Supporting Vocals
- Tony Redhouse – Congas, Acoustic Percussion, Bird Whistles, Supporting Vocals
- Ric Flauding – Steel String, Nylon String and Electric Guitars
- Mike King – Fretless Bass
- Tony Duncan – River Cane Flutes
- Kevin Huang – Violin
All compositions by Dev Suroop Kaur (except Rakhay Rakhanhaar, a traditional melody)
Poetic interpretations for all but Waah Yantee by Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa.Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved.
Original Oil Painting “Dahlia” by Karen Cole. www.KColePaintings.com